Next Auction Date
Jun 7, 2014
Important Information for Bidders
Thank you for registering as a bidder at The Salvation Army Auto Auction. The following information is provided
to make your auction experience a positive one.
- You must register prior to the auction to bid. The registration fee is $5.
You may register online or in person at the Salvation Army Headquarters on
Greene Street in Augusta.
- Online registration closes Friday, Jun 6, 2014, at 4 p.m. You may register
from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
and Saturday, Jun 7, from 8 a.m. until 10 a.m. If you register online, you
must pay your $5 fee and pick up your bid package prior to the auction.
- All vehicles in the auction are sold AS IS. The Salvation
Army knows very little, nor can guarantee anything about the previous owner,
the condition of the vehicle, nor its capacity to operate.
- Bidding begins promptly at 10 a.m.
- When auctioneer begins the bidding on a vehicle, he will call out the vehicle's Lot Number,
Year, Make, Model and Color. Please double-check to make sure you are bidding on the correct
- When placing a bid, please hold your bidder card high in the air and the auctioneer will acknowledge
- When finished, the auctioneer will announce the winning bid price along with the bidder's number.
- Once you have finished for the day, please exit the auction yard and proceed to the cashier (main office building).
- Please make sure you have the following information ready when you see the cashier:
- Lot number(s) of vehicle(s) you are purchasing
- Bidder number
- State of residency
- Driver's license of person in whose name title is to be placed (the person must also be present)
- Vehicles purchased on or after March 1, 2013, and titled in Georgia are exempt from sales and use tax and the annual ad valorem tax. Instead, these vehicles will be subject to a new, one-time title ad valorem tax based on the value of the vehicle. For vehicles dated 1986-present the tax is 6.5% based on the DOR's fair market value. For vehicles dated 1963-1985 the tax is 2.5% ad valorem tax based on the DOR's fair market values. The amount of ad valorem tax for Georgia residents will be listed on the Bidder brochures There will also be an appeal letter that can be sent into the DOR after the auction but the sales tax must be paid first. The normal 8% sales tax will still be charged on the bidding price for vehicles 1962 and older or non-automobiles (boats, etc) for Georgia residents only, as well as the $18 title fee. All buyers will pay the $6 processing fee per vehicle. For an explanation of the options and an online tax calculator, visit www.newtitletax.com.
- Terms of sale are final with acceptable payment being made in the form of cash or credit/debit card (MasterCard,
- Cashier's office closes at 1 p.m. All vehicles must be paid for
by closing time.
- After paying for the vehicle, you be asked to wait in the processing area until the lot number of
your vehicle is called. You will receive the following:
- Privacy Notice
- Temporary Dealer Tag
- Bill of Sale
- As-Is Warranty
- Gate Pass
- The auction lot closes at 3 p.m. the day of the auction. The auction
lot is closed on Sunday.
- All sold vehicles must be moved from the property no later than 4
p.m. on Monday, Jun 9, 2014.
- Vehicles not claimed after auction will be available on Tuesday, Jun 10, 2014
, for bid price only. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Auctioneer: Gene Cockerham, License #998
For more information call the Vehicle Auction Coordinator at 706-826-7933.